Want to know one of the most profound predictors of health, something more strongly associated with longevity than smoking, weight, or hypertension?
We need each other to live. And, so many of our wounds are interpersonal (think trauma, attachment, shame, etc.). It makes sense that healing would be interpersonal, too.
This is one of the reasons we’re so passionate about group therapy. In the same way that people may have caused problems for us, people can help us solve them. A community of supportive and compassionate individuals, who share similar experiences and a common humanity, can help guide us to more meaningful and effective living.
Group therapy is an impactful and evidence-based addition, or substitution, to individual treatment. Gatewell’s director, Dr. Rosenfeld, is a Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP), the only therapist in Miami-Dade County who has earned this distinction. The CGP credential requires hundreds of hours of group therapy education, supervision, and leadership. Dr. Rosenfeld is also qualified to provide supervision toward this credential.
Dr. Rosenfeld has experience leading groups in the areas of eating/body image concerns, addictions, anger management, sport psychology, DBT, self-esteem, mindfulness, spirituality, expressive therapy, and general psychotherapy/process groups.
Benefits of group therapy include:
- Connecting with others with similar concern
- Giving/receiving honest feedback
- Exploring new ways of acting and communicating in relationships
- Working on conflict, anger, assertiveness
- Enhancing/expediting the gains from individual therapy
Group Therapy at Gatewell (miami and online)
Gatewell is currently recruiting members for the following groups:
- Eat in Peace (eating/body image issues): Mondays at 7:30pm (online for members in FL, NY, & CA)
- Alcohol/Drug Recovery: date/time tbd
- General Psychotherapy: Tuesdays at 7:30pm (online for members in FL, NY, & CA)
- DBT Skills Group: Thursdays at 12:30pm in Coral Gables
- Therapist/Trainee Supervision Process Group: date/time tbd
If you are interested in these groups (or any others), please be in contact, and we’ll help you figure out what group is right for you.