Group therapy is an impactful and evidence-based addition, or substitution, to individual treatment. Gatewell’s director, Dr. Rosenfeld, is a Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP), the only therapist in Miami-Dade County who has earned this distinction. The CGP credential requires hundreds of hours of group therapy education, supervision, and leadership. Dr. Rosenfeld is also qualified to provide supervision toward this credential.
Dr. Rosenfeld has experience leading groups in the areas of eating/body image concerns, addictions, anger management, sport psychology, DBT, self-esteem, mindfulness, spirituality, expressive therapy, and general psychotherapy/process groups. Benefits of group therapy include:
- Connecting with others with similar concerns
- Giving/receiving honest feedback
- Exploring new ways of acting and communicating in relationships
- Working on conflict, anger, assertiveness
- Enhancing/expediting the gains from individual therapy
Gatewell is currently (Winter, 2018) recruiting members for the following groups, as described in the flyer below:
- Eat-in-Peace (eating/body image issues): Fridays at 1pm
- Alcohol/Drug Recovery: Tuesdays at 5:15pm
- General Psychotherapy: Thursdays at 5:45pm
- Therapist/Trainee Supervision Process Group: date/time tbd
If you are interested in these groups (or any others), please Contact Gatewell.